With the high demand for medical marijuana, the number of growers has significantly surged over the years. Growing cannabis is not a walk in the park. You need to hold incredible information at your fingertips to be a successful grower.
Growers need to be well-acquainted with different macro and micronutrient deficiencies. In essence, as a marijuana grower or gardener, you need to be able to look at your plants and ascertain what they are lacking. Some of the significant nutrients your plants may lack include:
- Potassium and
Why a Cannabis Plant Can be Deficient in Nutrients
Some of the critical factors that cause marijuana plants to lack fundamental macro and micronutrients include:
Cannabis plants require loose and light soil texture, which will promote root development. Avoid soil that will not allow enough oxygen to reach the plants’ roots for optimal growth.
Marijuana plants need a lot of nutrients to survive. If the soil you want to use does not have any organic substances or microorganisms, avoid it altogether.
Lack of Enough Light
The success of the cannabis plant yields will depend on the amount of lighting provided. If your plants don’t receive enough light, you will experience some of the common cannabis deficiencies. You have to monitor your light cycles if you want to grow healthy plants.
If you are growing cannabis indoors, you need specific types of lamps. If your plant lacks enough light, you will experience stunted growth both in terms of the height of the plant and the undersized buds.
If you plan to grow cannabis indoors or outdoors, put room temperature into consideration. When growing your plant outdoor, your varieties can tolerate temperatures as low as 50*F (10*C). Marijuana plants grown indoors will survive and thrive better at moderate temperatures between 75*F (21-23*C) to 60*F (15*C).
Cannabis growers have to consider humidity levels to keep their plants healthy and harvest better yields. When moisture levels are not right, your plants will suffer, and the returns will not be satisfying.
Low moisture levels can create an appealing environment for rodents and spider mites. On the other hand, high humidity can cause an excellent environment for diseases such as Botrytis. It’s wise to take the best humidity-control measures and grow healthy plants.
Top Nutrients Products in the Market
Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow is a premium nutrient that is formulated to give your high-yield plants the exact nutrients they need.
- Rich in amino acids
- It contains a powerful non-ionic surfactant that helps your plants absorb everything.
- A powerful chelation that provides enough nutrients to your plants’ roots.
- An expensive product.
The GH Flora Series is an excellent nutrient product; you should not have any reservations purchasing. Many marijuana growers find this product great if you grow your plants in soil.
- Builds strong roots
- Stimulates flower and bud development
- Enhances flavor, essential oils, and aroma
- Provides high potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, nitrogen, and calcium nutrients content
- Might not fit into your tight budget
It is your ideal nutrient product from FoxFarm, and it’s great for your plants.
- Ideal for mature and late-season flowers or buds
- Produces vegetative, lush and compact growth
- Increases nutrient cycling
- Great for abundant green growth
- Ideal for all flowering and fruiting plants
- Contains high-phosphorous which is a huge threat to water quality
- Phosphorus-containing products are prohibited in some states
This Advanced nutrients brand will add the necessary nutrients you need for your cannabis plant.
- Great to grow in soil or hydroponics
- Helps meet the flowering demands for your plant
- Contains calcium, magnesium, and iron valuable for your plants
- Guarantees flavor-full and delicious buds
- Contains high-phosphorous which is a huge threat to water retention levels
FoxFarm Water Soluble Plant Foods is a great nutrient product for cannabis growers.
- Great for use during the first bud development
- Use open sesame for early flowering
- Excellent for essential oils production
- Great for conventional and hydroponic growers
- An expensive nutrient product
To Sum Up
You need to be well-informed to be a successful marijuana grower. Know critical factors that lead to your plant deficiencies and solve this problem with the right nutrient products. Opt for cannabis seeds with strong genetics and keep off any form of deficiencies. Ensure you buy your seeds from a trusted and reputed seed bank.